Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Start & End Your Day Out Right...Smile!

Hello! So, I figured I'd share a little secret that I figured out probably about a year ago. I've known for a while that when you smile it boosts your serotonin and dopamine levels in your brain. These are the chemicals your brain releases that make you happy! I also found out that when you smile at someone, and they smile back, it boosts your happy chemicals, and theirs too! So, I thought, what if you smile at yourself, in the mirror? Your smiling, and seeing yourself smiling, so wouldn't it be boosting your happy chemicals by double?

I don't know if this is true, but nonetheless, every morning (if I remember) I smile at myself in the mirror while I'm washing my hands, brushing my teeth, etc. I try to smile for at least 5 minutes, even if I'm not looking in the mirror anymore. Try this, and see how you get through the day.

Every night, I also try to smile at myself. I do this while I'm brushing my teeth, and getting ready for bed. Smiling makes you happy, and feel relaxed, so why  not do it before bed? Oh, and by the way, if you feel happy before bed, you're most likely to have good dreams!

Try these two things and see how you feel! If you feel different after doing this, leave a comment!

I hope this was informative!

Thank you for reading!

:) Allyson  

No comments:

Post a Comment